Saturday 9 March 2013

How to Speed up Shutdown on your PC

Here is a tutorial on how to get your Personal Computer shut down faster.

fast shutdown of a PC tips and tricks
STEPS
  1. Go to Start > Run when the Run box opens type in regedit
  2. Your registry should have opened [Just checking...have you backed up your registry?] Navigate to the following keys; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Control
  3. When you get to Control click on it, the pane to the right should have a listing of several keys, double-click on;>WaitToKillServiceTimeout, change it to ’1000‘ (changing this forces your computer during shutdown to end services that are running much faster)
  4. Once you ‘ve changed these settings restart your computer and your settings should have taken effect
Note: Since we would be tweaking the registry, you can Backup your registry before doing this incase you mess up with things.

2 comments:

  1. Bro, pls how can I browse wit my pc using my BB(BIS)through USB cable. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha lol I thought this page can help me speed up my pc but it's only for shut downing it. I want to speed up my pc to make my work done easily and faster.

    ReplyDelete